Coach Ken Stills, who played defensive back for six years with the Green Bay Packers and Minnesota Vikings as well as coached defensive backs for five years in NFL Europe, discusses techniques such as stance, back pedal, transitions, eyes, speed, and tackling. This is an exceptional video that will educate you on drills and techniques used by the pros!
Video Length: 14 mins. This video shows all the proper fundamentals and techniques of how to defend a receiver using a Soft Press technique. Some of the topics demonstrated are the “slip and lock” technique, shooting the hip, the differences between playing the receiver in the field versus in the red zone, as well as the correct soft press techniques versus the receiver at the line of scrimmage.
Video Length: 14 mins. Coach Ken Stills, who played defensive back for six years with the Green Bay Packers and Minnesota Vikings as well as coached defensive backs for five years in NFL Europe, discusses detailed descriptions of how a defensive back makes transitions when reading three step and five step drops by the quarterback. Proper footwork, transition mechanics, and how to properly leverage the receiver are discussed.
Have you ever wondered what the foundation of an NFL team’s defensive game plan is each week?
Well, you’ll be surprised to find out that it’s full of simple and basic strategies that any team at any level can implement.
In this 1 hour training video, former Jacksonville Jaguars Defensive Coordinator, John Pease teaches you the essentials of setting up a defensive game plan. Coach Pease brings over 32 years of College and NFL experience to this video, where he will teach you:
- How to set goals for each game
- How to beat the run game
- How to shut down the option offense
- Understanding the real power of creating turnovers in a game
- Defensive gap control
- How to prevent the offense from creating separation. This greatly reduces any offense’s threat potential.
- How to develop blitzing strategies and calls
- The strengths and weaknesses of different defensive fronts. Once you know this, you’ll be able to set up your defense to counter any offense.
- How a most defenses accidentally create running lanes for the offense, and what to do to fix it. Even the pros do this frequently, so learning how to spot it and fix it could make the difference between and winning and losing season at the youth and high school level.
- and much, much more.
The Football Handbook is the only modern era football training book that distills decades of coaching experience into a single source. It was created for players, parents and coaches to not only teach the basics of football, the game rules and coaching but also professional techniques on blocking, tackling, throwing, catching, coverages, and tons more! While most books on the sport of football include plenty of chapter and words, words, and more words, This book includes dozens of videos, photos and illustrations that actually demonstrate how to play the sport effectively. The book contains:
- 7 Football position specific chapters (QB, Receiver, Running Back, OLine, DLine, LB, & DB)
- 7 Chapters on Football Rules & Fundamentals, Coaching, Understanding Coverages, Speed Training, Diet and Nutrition, Injury Prevention, and Confidence.
- 34 short instructional videos spread throughout the book
- 28 illustrations on stance, alignment, coverages, and position specific skills
The book can be immediately downloaded after purchase. The book file size is small (under 20MB) so it won’t gobble up a ton of space on your smartphone, tablet or computer. We kept the file size small by hosting the videos on other platforms.